What is distributor product file automation?
Distributor product file automation is the process our distributors use to have their product files automatically exported from Eclipse and placed into an FTP folder where DDS can run a match against it. Any new products that are matched can be mapped to a distributor's account.
How is product file automation set up?
You can automate the delivery of your product file to DDS using the PDW File Extract Utility in Eclipse. PDW File Extract Utility allows you to pull fields from both the product file (PRD) and the product data warehouse (PDW). We will show you how this is done.
PDW File Extract Utility:
From the main page in Eclipse, press Alt + F8 (Other).
Press Alt + F6 (Tools)
Press Alt + P (Product Data Warehouse)
Press Alt + T (PDW File ExTract Utility)
Enter the corresponding Design ID.
Make sure your Delim Character is something that doesn't appear anywhere in the product data (usually a TAB or a |). Leave the Envelope Character blank.
From here, give each of the Dict/Meta Items a Column Heading.
DDS Required Fields:
- Distributor Product ID (column heading of dist_prod_id)
- Distributor Manufacturer Name or Buy Line (column heading of manufacturer_name or buy_line)
- Distributor Manufacturer Catalog Number (column heading of dist_catalog_number)
- Distributor UPC (column heading of dist_upc)
Required Fields for IDW Data:
- IDW Manufacturer Name (column heading of idw_manufacturer_name)
- IDW Catalog Number (column heading of idw_catalog_number)
- IDW UPC (column heading of idw_upc)
- IDW UPC12 (column heading of idw_upc_12)
- IDW ITEM ID (column heading of idw_index_id)
Required Fields for Trade Service Data:
- Trade Service Manufacturer Name (column heading of ts_manufacturer_name)
- Trade Service Catalog Number (column heading of ts_catalog_number)
- Trade Service UPC (column heading of ts_upc)
Below is an example of what this might look like and how additional fields might be formatted:
Once all the column headings have been entered, press "Esc" to save what you have entered. Bring it up again and press Alt + S (Schedule) to bring up the Options menu.
Select "Scheduling" from the Options menu that pops up (shown below).
This will bring up the Phantom Scheduler (shown below). Give it a title and schedule it to occur early Sunday morning on a weekly basis. Press "Esc" to save.
Bring up the Options menu again and go down to FTP
This will bring up the FTP Transfer Maintenance window shown below. Enter "ftp.distds.com" for the Remote Address. For Remote Directory, enter "/to-dds/customer-products". Continue by entering the file name and the FTP logins supplied by DDS. Press "Esc" to save.
Press Alt + B (Begin) and the product file will be exported at the time you have it scheduled for.